We are pleased to announce a new, elevated design for our identification and grading reports.
Available October 2020
This stationary format will be applied to all Natural Diamond, Colored Stone and Jewelry reports, giving all three a more dynamic look for our customers and their clients. The design update comes 45 years after our first Diamond report was issued in Antwerp, Belgium, in 1975. Now established in 18 cities globally, we distribute thousands of reports daily to manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and private consumers alike.
“No time like the present”
IGI CEO Roland Lorie commented on the launch:
We believe in the prosperity of the jewelry market and felt that there was no time like the present to reveal a new look. The Institute strives to be a revolutionary leader for the industry — from technology implementation, timely design changes and creating innovative service offerings — and provide services and offerings that are beneficial to the industry and diamond dealers around the world.
New security features and orientation
In addition to refreshing the design, sophisticated, protective features have been added to the report, as well as the IGI seal, to ensure maximum levels of security: Certieye is a unique, tamper evident security label that authenticates the seal in real time. As reported by Rapaport News, these enhancements protect against counterfeiting.
Traditionally vertical, the certificates will now be printed horizontally on a tearless paper that increases durability. These changes work together to make the new reports easier to read for the end consumer – and have been adapted to encompass decades of excellence from our entire team.
For more information on the new report, please visit www.igi.org.
Replacement information for current customers
In order to facilitate the transition, we have established some basic guidelines for customers who would like to update existing reports which quality for the new format.
Prices are given in USD and will be converted to the equivalent amount in other local currencies.
1. Replacement without submission of the stone (RE-PRINT) – ORIGINAL date will be kept
- reports issued between July 1st and September 30th, 2020: Free
- reports issued between January 1st and June 30th, 2020: $7
- reports issued between January 1st 2017 and December 31, 2019: $15
2. Replacement with submission of the stone (RE-PRINT) – NEW date will be issued
- reports issued between July 1st and September 30th 2020: Free
- reports issued between January 1st and June 30th 2020: $10
- reports issued between January 1st 2017 and December 31, 2019: $20
3. Replacement of the Seal
- seal issued between July 1st and September 30th 2020: Free
- seal issued between January 1st 2017 and June 30, 2020: $6
4. Replacement with submission of the stone is mandatory for reports prior to January 1, 2017
- stones will be considered as new
- when submitting the old report, a 30% discount will be applied
- This offer is valid until December 31, 2020.
We hope you are as excited as we are and appreciate and enjoy the brand-new look and strength of your new IGI Reports.